It's My Life....Like it or not

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The results are in

I called the doc's office yesterday first thing in the morning to see if my x-ray results were in. At 3pm I hadn't heard anything and my cough was getting progressively worse - I didn't think that was possible anymore but I was wrong.

Shortly after 3 I called in again. The nurse came on and asked if I was able to come into the office RIGHT NOW. If that isn't a good way to freak someone out I don't know what is. They wouldn't tell me the test results, said they were in but wanted me in the office.

At about 4:30 the nurse called back and did give me the results. No pneumonia. Good news I suppose. But they still don't have any rationale for the lingering and worsening cough. So, now I've got yet another new prescription to try. I've almost got myself convinced that I'm doomed to have this nasty shit until the end of time. I hope that isn't true.

So, tonight I'll be swigging down some generic Robitussin with codeine. It typically works wonders for me. But, again, I'm not getting my hopes up. Nothing that typically works seems to be working this time around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home