It's My Life....Like it or not

Friday, March 23, 2007

Sucker Punched

Yeah, I thought I was getting over this bronchitis crud when, BLAMO!! Sucker Punched back into it. Should have known it was too good to be true when I was in my own bed for the second night in a row and I started coughing. Last night I was in bed for about 3 hours, freezing the entire time, got up at 1:30 in a coughing fit and ended up on the sofa until 4:30 when Hubby sent me back to bed. Yuck. I'm calling the doctors office this afternoon and giving them a piece of my mind, a small one, but a piece of my mind all the same.

I also thought I had completed all the stages of my grieving process over the suicide of my cousin, Eric. All those emotions came rushing back yesterday. I found out that a client of ours, an 18 year old kid, committed suicide by hanging himself in the family garage. His mother found him.

It's kind of bizarre but I somehow feel connected to her in a strange way. It's because I know what she's feeling; the despair, disbelief, the total devastation of the whole situation. All the images that come as flashbacks.

I found myself crying for a good steady hour last night. I was standing in my kitchen and happened across the picture on my fridge of Eric with my daughter, my niece and my cousin's daughter from a party over the summer. He had his arms around all three little girls and all of them were smiling. I lost it and sat in the TV room just crying about everything and nothing.

Next month is going to be rough. Eric's 30th birthday is April 7th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home