It's My Life....Like it or not

Monday, November 13, 2006

Well, I guess I should be happy - I have completely quit having dreams about Eric.

The problem is, now my psyche has found a new somebody for me to have dreams about and I'm not liking it. I'm now having dreams about my ex-husband. Not steamy dreams or anything like that - he just started popping up at strange times and places.

Again, it's weird. I run into him on occasion - my god, we live in the same town of 7,500 people, it's virtually unavoidable. Usually we're both at Wal-Mart at the same time and place. It isn't awkward anymore when we do run in to each other. I mean, we've been divorced for over 10 years and I can't say our marriage, all 8 months of it, was anything to remember. We were kids and had no reason to be married to each other. Water under the bridge.

Besides, he's divorced for the second time and dating a heifer nearly 10 years younger than him. Meanwhile, I've been married for just over 8 years and nearing my pre-baby weight for the first time in over 6 years. I workout no less than 4 times a week and have a "2-pack" while working toward the 6-pack (abs I mean).

I think my wiring has gone bad. That's the only explanation that makes any sense. I have no feelings toward my ex-husband at all - I don't hate him (anymore), I don't like him (wonder if I ever really did), and I don't want to be his friend. I speak to him because it's the polite thing to do.

One of these days I'm going to find some super smart brain surgeon person and together we're going to invent a way to have your memory purged of all the old stuff you don't need anymore. Kinda like when you empty the delete box on your computer. God knows I've got so much unnecessary crap stored in my head - sometimes it's a wonder I can remember the things I need to.

1 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger ThatIsMeWhat said...

Your last paragraph reminds me of the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Thoughtless Mind. Sign me up for brain purging any day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home