It's My Life....Like it or not

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Yep, it's turned out to be one of THOSE weeks

It's Wednesday, I know, but I feel like I'm having the week from hell. Not unlike the days Bill Murray has as his character in the movie Groundhog Day.

Every day this week when my alarm has gone off I think to myself "Can it really be 6:00 a.m. already?" And, you guessed it, it always is.

Yesterday my car had an appointment at the Nissan dealership about 20 miles away. The dealership where we bought our car has been promising us a second key since the day we signed papers - nearly 3 months ago.

I was supposed to have a road trip to deliver some deadlined documents to the office of opposing counsel Tuesday. Their office happens to be about 2 blocks away from the dealership my car had to be at. So, I told the dealership I could take care of it myself since I was going to be just down the road.

My day didn't go as planned and at lunch it appeared I wouldn't be making my road trip. So, I called my dealership back and told them they'd have to go back to the original plan and have one of their guys take the car over. No problem. Appointment was at 2:00 p.m. - we'll have your car back to you at work no later than 3:30 p.m.

Wouldn't you know it. At 2:00 p.m. I discovered that my planned then unplanned road trip was back on. Great. Now my car is already over there and as soon as it gets back I get to take it there again. Gee, sure glad gas isn't expensive.

So, it's nearing 4:00 p.m. and I have no car. I call my dealership and tell them I'm terribly sorry to be such a pain in the ass, but I need my car back so I can make my trip after all. Silence.

This is what I hear coming from the mouth on the other end:

"Um. I wanted to talk to Bud before I called you, but I haven't had the chance. You're car was in an accident while our guy had it over East to get the key made. Everybody is ok, Jason's a little shook up because he knows you and your husband. The car is totally drivable. The other lady had insurance, I've got the police report. Jason had to sit with the car for an hour and a half with the Police Department. Jason was rear-ended at the stop light."

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?

I have to laugh. If I don't I'll cry. I've had this car for less than 3 months.

Later I settled down and was more rational. It was an accident. Nobody was hurt. My car is damaged but not totaled. The lady had insurance and it was her fault. (Come to find out, her husband is an orthopedic surgeon - cha ching)

But now my husband and I are at odds. Why? Because he wants the dealership to have to deal with the headache of getting our car to/from estimates, he wants them to give us a car to drive while our car is getting fixed.

I told him that their guy was driving OUR car. WE pay the insurance. WE need to be responsible for anything that happens now. This lady's insurance is going to deal with US as owners of the car, not Jason who was driving.

AGH! I feel my blood pressure elevating again. What a fricking nightmare.

When I got off the phone with the dealership yesterday I walked into the office of my boss and told him I needed to retain an attorney. I guess sometimes it does pay to have my job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home