It's My Life....Like it or not

Friday, October 27, 2006

Updates: car, salary, weekend

Well my husband can finally stop asking me if the lady ever called me back about my car. She called around 6 last night. My daughter answered the phone. I couldn't hear what was coming from the other end but my daughter handed the phone off to me saying she thought it was a telemarketer. She's 5 remember.

So, the lady is paying cash for the damages to my car. She said to go ahead and have it fixed per the estimate and have the body shop send her a bill. I told her I didn't know what the terms of payment were at the body shop, never used one before really, and that I'd have to contact them and have them get in touch with her. So, I asked for the best way for them to contact her and she rattles off cell phone numbers for her and her husband. I ask what her husband's name is so I have it on my note and her response - "Mark, Dr. Mark K----, the orthopedic surgeon".

Well! Aren't we a name / profession dropper?!? Like my husband said - if she's like 99% of doctors wives she's so doped up or drunk that she's probably had so many of these "little" accidents that her insurance would go sky high. Hell, I don't care what she did before the accident with my car - I just want my car fixed without costing me a dime.

No raise yet. Big shocker. Last night as I lay in bed not sleeping, again, I thought about my comment about it being easier to get an organ off him than a pay raise. The man drinks like a fish and smokes like a chimney. He hasn't got an organ on him that isn't pickled or covered in tar. I think I did make some headway though on the raise front. He told me he was going to talk to his partner (the other lawyer in the office) this morning. When he talked to his secretary and found out he was at a seminar today he was honked. Good.

That's how bad things can be here. There are 4 of us in the office and 3/4 of the time we don't know what any of the others are doing. Stupid if you ask me. But hey, I just work here. After all, I've only been here 2 1/2 years and still don't have a key. I'm the only one without one. Doesn't bother me - that way the boss man can't expect me to "stop in" the office on the weekend to get caught up on things.

I'm going duck hunting tomorrow morning with my husband and two of his buddies. Can't wait to roll my ass out of bed at 4am, get dressed up like I'm heading to the Arctic circle and ride down the river in a rickety boat with three men and a dog. The part I'm dreading the most is the prospect of having to pee. Guys can just whip it out and go when ever / where ever - it's a little more difficult for those of us without hoses attached to our plumbing. I usually hold it so long that by the time we make it back to land I'm in the bathroom for what seems like an hour.

That's about it. It's starting to feel like winter here in Illinois. Mom and Dad are leaving Monday for Arizona and won't be home until mid-December for Christmas and then back out until the middle or end of April. Still trying to figure out how me and Baby Girl are going to get out there this year. I'm glad she's finally in school but it sure makes it difficult to make travel arrangements!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home