It's My Life....Like it or not

Friday, November 03, 2006

Small scale relief

Well, my "little talk" with my boss has finally paid off - literally. My raise was reflected in my check for this week. It isn't exactly what I was hoping for, but it's close and I've been promised more in the not too distant future. I'm going to make sure he holds up his end of the bargain. I still don't think I'm getting paid what I'm worth, but come on, who really does? Well, ok, maybe Bill Gates.

My car is in the shop as of 7:45 this morning. At least the loaner I got from the dealership is somewhat of the Cadillac of their loaner fleet. I'm now driving a 2001 Chrysler Intrepid. Believe me, it's nothing like my 2005 Nissan Altima, but it's wheels and it's decent - not like the piece of shit they gave me to drive when the van was in the shop that ultimately lead to our purchase of the Altima. I do miss my car though.

Parent teacher conferences last night with Baby Girl's kindergarten teacher. Things are good. I don't know how it happened but our daughter is a smart one. The teacher praised us many times for whatever it is we're doing with her at home. We don't really do any "teaching" type stuff. We've just never talked to her like a child. We try to make her understand the consequences of her actions/choices and make sure that the outcome is as we described. She loves to color, and it shows in her school work. She's got a great imagination, though I would think that any only child would have that since they have to be able to entertain themselves all the time. Her teacher showed us a project they did that helps the teaching staff determine needs of each child and said that Baby Girl's is now what she would expect at the end of the school year.

What a relief.

I have a weekend jam packed full of nothing this week. I'm glad. That means I can sleep in, lounge around in my sweats and generally be a couch potato. I need that, I really really need that.

Fall in Illinois is starting to give way to old man winter. YUCK! I don't know how I continue to deal with the ickyness that is winter in Illinois each and every year. I hate the cold. I hate snow. My ideal home would have temps of no less than 70 degrees year round. I don't care if my lawn has to be green spray painted rocks, I'm allergic to grass anyway. I don't care if I never see another white Christmas. I would rather take extra clothes off than put extra clothes on. The thrill of frozen boogers early in the morning has long gone - give me sunshine 24/7 and I'm good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home