It's My Life....Like it or not

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Dazed and Confused

Sorry I haven't been better about keeping up on this thing - it's been crazy around here for so long I've completely forgotten what "normal" is like.

Here's updates on stuff:

1. Baby Girl has had a major improvement with her acting out at school. We started sending a little notebook back and forth so the teacher can make either a smiling face or a frowning face. They also had one of the local DARE cops in for a 2 day lesson on bullies. Hey, it worked.

2. My strange dreams that involve Eric have continued. Last night was a weird one too. I'd say I'm averaging about one every 10-15 days. I'm sure my lack of productive sleep has a lot to do with it.

3. Last night I had my nails done (sigh, yeah - I'm one of those women) and hope I haven't contracted the strange nail fungus disease deal that Paula Abdul got a while back. My guy decided to take a chunk out of the side of one of my fingers, like a papercut that's really deep, with his nail file. Damn thing hurts!

4. Work continues to be very stressful. We've got a particular divorce case pending in which the wife (not our client) refuses to agree on anything just for the sake of arguing. I don't get it. When I got divorced I just wanted the asshole out of my life as quickly as possible. I had no desire to fight about toilet paper holders. Besides, half the people who do stuff like that are the one's who can't really afford to bitch about every living thing. Compounding all the fighting about bullshit is the fact that 90% of the people who do crap like this have kids they're putting in the middle of all this. If I EVER do or say anything to make anyone believe that pissing my husband off is more important than my daughter - somebody slap me or something. I just want to scream or shake these people and ask them why they have to be such bitches!!!!

Yeah, I know - I need a vacation. Too bad I won't likely get one until Spring. Not to mention the weather in Illinois has shifted to what I hate the most about living here - cold. Oh, did I mention that duck season starts this weekend? Thrilled. Duck widow for the 10th year. I am hunting this year though. I know, I know. I've said that each of the past 6 years now. This year I am - come hell or high water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home