It's My Life....Like it or not

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Try and convince me this isn't nit-picking

Late yesterday afternoon my husband calls and asks me what my opinion of baby girls punishment should be for her "acting out" at school today. Doesn't tell me what she did, so I assume it's the same bullshit of shoving, pushing and poking kids in the eyes. So, disgusted, I tell him to take away her TV priviledges - seems to work.

So then he tells me what she did that was SOOOO horribly wrong.

It was recess time and all the kindergarteners were outside. She was playing well with a small group of kids. One of the group, a little boy, was making faces and doing silly things. So, baby girl made a comment to him that he was acting like a weirdo. The little boy went and told the recess supervisor, who immediately went to baby girl and asked her if she had told the little boy he was acting like a weirdo. She said she had and explained to the supervisor that he was making silly faces and such.

COME ON PEOPLE!!!

Why are we reacting to a 5 year old telling another 5 year old that acting silly is just that - silly. She didn't call the kid a shit head, didn't tell him he was weird, and didn't use any of the other "choice" words that come out of her father's factory worker mouth on any given day. Geez, she could have dropped the f-bomb as much as it's a part of normal conversation in our house.

If telling a little boy being silly that he's acting like a weirdo is the worst thing she does we should be doing a happy dance instead of making a big ordeal out of it. Get with the program people, you've all been teaching for damn near forever - is this really worth writing home about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home