It's My Life....Like it or not

Monday, October 23, 2006

Weekend Update

Thankfully, it appears the earth has spun in a different direction and is casting it's spell on some other unfortunate sucker - giving me a break. I wonder, was there a full moon during the last two weeks? If there were, some things would make a lot more sense.

All day Friday our client, Major Pain, was in town under the presumption that his personal appearance would get things in his divorce case moving faster. He was in and out all day and was in a pretty sour mood. By the end of the day he got fired as our client. My boss doesn't take clients who aren't lawyers thinking or acting like they are very well. He won't be missed by me. If I enjoyed him as a client I certainly wouldn't refer to him as "Major Pain", right?

My weekend was relatively good. Friday night the hubby was at a "guys only" pre-hunting season get together so Baby Girl and I took our time doing our weekly shopping gig. We went out for supper first and then on to Wally World. It wasn't bad.
Saturday I made another trip (the 5th in a week) over East to pick my wedding ring up from the jewelers. They'd had it since Sunday in order to tighten the center stone for the bijillionth time in the past 8 years. Pretty disgusting when I sit and think about it. In the first year that we were married the jeweler had my wedding ring more than I did. Total nightmare, don't even want to get into it because it would take too much time that I don't have.

Saturday afternoon the hubby promised to take me out hunting at his "club" he bought into this year. I think it would have done me good - I was feeling a little postal after the last two weeks and killing ducks is legal. I'd just have to mentally project a face onto each duck I tried to whack to get my angst out. Anyway, he talked to a couple of guys that had gone there for the day (he went somewhere else in the morning) and they hadn't had much luck. So, he thought it would be a "waste of time, energy and gas" to take me. Thanks, thanks a lot.

Saturday night we were at my parents house for dinner. We had Thanksgiving. Yep! Turkey and all the trimmings. It was odd, I'll admit that much, but my parents are leaving for Arizona for the winter on the 30th of October and won't be back until just before Christmas. Even then they're only going to be here for something like 8 days.

Sunday was my veg day. The Oscar Meyer Weinermobile made a stop at the local grocery store so I took Baby Girl out to see that. Pretty cool. It was fricking cold out though with pretty strong wind so we were only there long enough to get a weiner whistle and a couple of pictures and off we went.

That's it. This week should be better. Bossman is in trial today and tomorrow and we have a lot of other things going on this week too that will keep him out of the office so I can catch up.