It's My Life....Like it or not

Monday, October 09, 2006

Little Jeckyl and Hyde

I have decided that my daughter is the 5 year old version of Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde.

Saturday we had the much anticipated wedding. She did wonderfully. I was so impressed and wondered how we managed to raise a child that was so genuine.

She walked down the aisle on cue, smiling all the way and dropping her flower petals. When looking through the church there wasn't a person there that didn't have a smile on their face.

She stood up at with the wedding party for the entire wedding, turning when the big girls turned, etc. It was impressive to say the least.

Then, after the actual marriage ceremony, when the bride and groom went and gave their parents hugs and kisses she began to cry. Why not, every other woman in the place had tears in their eyes. I told her, we're girls - we cry at weddings, it's what we do.

We had so many people, people we didn't know, who were concerned about her tears, asking if she was ok. She was, she's just emotional. I guess there isn't anything wrong with that. Like I said, we're girls, we cry at weddings if we want to or not.

At the reception she danced her little heart out. With the bride, with the bride's father, with the bride's mother, with the bridesmaids. It was truly a joy to watch. Little girls who mimic the bigger girls always make me smile. To have it be my little girl made the smile even bigger. I'm glad her first experience at a wedding was so positive.

So, why then is she such a monster when she's at school?!? I don't understand how she can be so sweet one day and pure evil the next. If I could get her to be like she was Saturday I wouldn't ever have to worry about her poking another kid in the eye (3 Stooges style) or shoving another kid on the play ground.

Maybe if I let her wear her "party dress" to school every day she'd act more like the little angel we had with us on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home