It's My Life....Like it or not

Friday, September 15, 2006

Finally Friday - And I'm looking forward to it!

Both of the attorneys are out of the office for the rest of the week. It's strange, this never happens that they're both gone on the same days. I'm not complaining, not one bit!

Tonight I'm taking part of the first ever "Girl's Night Out" in our circle of friends. There's only 4 of us going, and we're all totally different from each other, I just hope it works. The one who is the ringleader, so to speak, is a former Miller Lite girl turned CPA that's a major gambler. I mean major. She's the only girl in the Texas Hold 'Em group the husband's put together. She often takes trips to the Riverboat too. That is so not my style - I can't afford to lose the money that seems to be required in order to win. Another one is a constant complainer that thinks her shit don't stink. She doesn't realize how badly any of the rest of us would kill to have her life for a day. She doesn't work, doesn't need to (quit a $70k/yr job) because her husband does very well and gives her a hefty allowance. Here's an idea of how well they're doing - they paid CASH for their home...$310,000.00. The final one (besides me) has 85% of our community convinced she's a dyke. She's very competitive, enjoys playing sports and one-upping the guys, and she's built like a brick shit house. She also is pretty serious about her drinking. When she goes out, she goes O U T. And she's from the south, which makes it genuinely funny to hear her talk when she's sloshed. And then there's me - I don't gamble, I drink - enough, I'm not a princess, can't afford to pay attention often times, and I'm not sporty. Should be interesting to say the least.

I've had a fly hell bent on attacking me today for some reason. I'm in this huge building and the bastard can't fly outside of my area it seems. This thing is relentless, I guess I'm going to have to use my fly whispering skills and begin my counterattack. I've killed many flies in my house this spring/summer with my bare hands and a baby wipe. Very McGyver-ish. Too bad I don't have any baby wipes at my desk - I'll have to improvise. This sucker needs to die pretty quick though, his antic's are getting really old.

I'll let you know on Monday how the Girl's Night Out went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home