It's My Life....Like it or not

Friday, October 06, 2006

Some days it just isn't worth it

I am so sick of this week. I'm thrilled it's Friday for reasons other than the obvious since this weekend is going to be crazy.

Baby Girl continues to have problems at school. I've talked to her teacher about it 3 times this week. She saw the school counselor and he didn't get anywhere with her either. Yesterday when I talked to the teacher she said she's going to give her one more warning and then she's going to be in the principals office. Why is it that my little girl, who has never ever acted like this before, is going to be spending time in the principals office less than 7 weeks into her school "career"?

I agree that she needs to keep her hands to herself and that she needs to use words when she's frustrated. Convincing a 5 1/2 year old of that is where our problem lies. She's lost priviledges now, and won't get them back until we know she's had a good day at school. She can't watch Disney channel. She can't watch Rachel Ray. She can't watch SpongeBob. From her daily reaction when these terms are reinforced you'd think I just stuck my hand through her chest and ripped her heart out. It hurts me too, but she HAS to learn.

My stress level at work has elevated so high that I have been unable to sleep nearly every night this week. I lay in bed staring at the ceiling thinking of all the things I have to do the next day. I've worked on deadline before without trouble. But this is insane. Every day I get emails from my boss to do stupid mundane things that he could do on his own. "Next time you're downstairs bring me a couple boxes of tissue" is the one that put me over the edge. He sent me that message and then 2 minutes later went downstairs. HELLO!?! Get your own damn tissues!

We've got a lot of date specific cases pending right now...messy messy divorces. I don't understand why people think it's necessary to fight over a fricking toilet paper holder. For God's sake people!!! Get a clue!!!

So, here I sit at work. My desk covered in files, loose papers, folders, paperclips. My credenza covered with files, loose papers and folders. My typewriter covered in filed, loose papers and folders. It's organized chaos, most of the time. And my boss had the nerve to make a comment this morning about my piles and about how they've grown. No shit Sherlock! Ever think that maybe YOU should be doing some of the work?????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home