It's My Life....Like it or not

Friday, September 08, 2006

Strangely .....

... I miss the obvious come-on lines from my former stalker.

We still talk, almost every day this week. Twice already today.

But it's all business, which I know is what I get paid for and what I'm supposed to be doing here 8 hours a day. But realistically, how many people really work 8 hours a day? Can't say I know many that do. I should on some days, but still find a way to get my online fix even thought there are thousands of other things I should be doing.

So, my second conversation with Mr. McHotty today was pretty bad. I'm so tired today I really don't care about anything. And with the festival goings on in town this weekend I know what's ahead of me this weekend and it isn't much R&R. It's pretty bad when the client can tell by the sound of your voice that you aren't really into work today. He thought I either had bad news to tell him, or was so incredibly sick of talking to him that I'd rather die. He said so. Not the case, I told him, said as a matter of fact we've now talked enough that his cell phone number is permanately emblazoned on my brain. Good, he said.

Then he said he'd see me this weekend. Not sure what that's about, but if while we're out and about this weekend with festivities I see him I will certainly say hello - just like I do to other clients when I see them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home