It's My Life....Like it or not

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Checking In

What a messed up week this has been so far.

Long weekends are GREAT, don't get me wrong, but it sure makes for a hell of a mess at work. You can't seem to figure out what day it is and the pile on the desk keeps growing and growing.

We didn't end up going to the wedding over the weekend. You know, sometimes I just want to slap some sense into my husband - he can be so stupid! It was Saturday morning and he decides that he doesn't have anything to wear to the wedding. A ploy, I know, because he had already told me he didn't want to go because it was so far away (40 minutes) and that he wouldn't know anyone there (then how did we get invited?!?) Bottom line, he stalled so much that it made it realistically impossible for us to go. I was pissed. Here I'd spent my time (and his money) on picking out the perfect wedding gift, wrapping it and having everything ready to go weeks in advance and on the day of the wedding he pulls this crap. AGH!

Pretty much the whole holiday weekend was shot due to the constant off and on rain we had. I'm not talking sprinkles either, we're talking a 15 minute down pour followed by an hour of clear blue sunny sky and then more torrential down pours. Yuck. Needless to say, our annual cook-out at the pond was a muddy mess.

The dog decided to see how I taste on Monday morning. Baby girl was up early with daddy and they let me sleep (it was 6am after all and I had no reason to be awake) while they watched cartoons. He decided it was time to go meet the guys for coffee and left the dog out of her kennel, with a 5 year old in charge. Nice. So, the dog ended up with Baby Girl's stuffed elephant in it's mouth and Baby Girl was pissed. I got up and was working on getting it back, she had it only by a tiny little piece, when Baby Girl kicked the dog and I got bit. Mother F%#@! That hurt. Still having some problems with it, she got me on my thumb right in the bend - it keeps getting bigger and bigger if I don't wear a band-aid but doesn't get dried up enough to heal if I do. Sheesh.

That's about it. Big festival here in town this weekend. It's always a zoo. All the classes come back and have their reunions during this time, big parade, beer gardens, craft fair, car show. You name it, we got it - and pork too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home