It's My Life....Like it or not

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Coincidence? I think not

I think Mr. McStalker has finally realized that I'm not interested in playing his game. He was in the office early Monday morning and still hung around a little longer than necessary but it was ok.

We were talking about some stuff that happened over the weekend. My husband and a group of buddies recently bought into a duck club for the hunting season come fall. They're leasing one blind in this private club. Come to find out, Mr. McStalker is a card carrying member of this place.

So, Saturday hubby and some of his group went to this club to move their assigned blind so they could make repairs and get it into the location they wanted. They got most of their work done before they got totally drenched with rain and were on the way out of this place when they were confronted by a (supposedly) 750 pound man in a big dually truck that read them the riot act about how they were trespassing and he was going to have them arrested, yadda yadda.

So, my husband started making phone calls to get in touch with the guy that owns the property - the guy they signed the lease with. He didn't have his number so he had to call this guy who called this guy who called another guy who called the owner. Finally, Joe, the owner called my husband directly and they got the problem worked out.

So, Monday morning when Mr. McStalker came we were talking about this duck club deal (for divorce case purposes) and he said he hoped my husband wasn't involved in the cluster from Saturday. He is partners with Joe, the owner, and he and Joe were talking about it. So, Mr. McHotty-Stalker tells Joe that he hopes it doesn't get back to me because he has to talk to me and face me and he likes me and doesn't want me mad at him.

I guess Joe told him who my husband is because all of the sudden he went from laying on the charm to back talking his way out of the things he'd been saying before. Maybe he's scared of my husband.

Oh well, mission accomplished. We're back to a working relationship and he isn't grossing me out by trying to be smooth and disgustingly beating around the bush that he wishes I wasn't married. Oh - he did flat out tell me that one. And he asked me if I would go out with him if I wasn't married.

Agh!!! Men! They always have to get an ego boost.

As he was walking out the door he told me that my husband was a lucky man - that he had a good looking wife who knew what she was talking about when it comes to guns, FOID cards and duck hunting. When I told him I hunt, and that's why I know all that stuff, he said he wished he'd gotten to me first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home