It's My Life....Like it or not

Thursday, August 24, 2006

It HAS to be close to a full moon - There's no other logical explanation

Weird things have been happening lately. OK, so not weird so much, but definitely not normal.

At work we just determined that we represent two men in divorce proceedings filed by their wives. I know, nothing out of the ordinary there. The men are brothers-in-law, their wives are sisters. My boss can not think of another time in his 30+ year career that he's been in a situation like this. This wasn't a plot or plan by the men either, neither of them know we represent the other.

Also, one of the men has been totally hitting on me. It's flattering, don't get me wrong about that. He's a couple years younger than me and very attractive, his soon to be ex-wife, on the other hand, is about as good looking as the ass of a baboon. So, even though Mr. McHotty is drop dead gorgeous he clearly has issues about having to be the pretty one in the relationship. When we're reviewing documents he keeps trying to change the conversation from divorce paperwork to social hook-ups:

Mr. McHotty: So, I see you're married.

Me: Yep, eight years next month. (In my head I'm saying yeah, that's typically what the ring on that all important finger means)

Mr. McHotty: I'm sure we probably partied and dropped some beers together when we were younger.

Me: Maybe. (ah, no, we didn't. Believe me I would have remembered doing that with you)

Mr. McHotty: Maybe when this thing is all over we can have a couple beers.

Me: I'm afraid I'll have to pass on that. (uh huh, that would go over real well with my husband - hey honey, don't mind me I'm just going out with Mr. McHotty that just got a divorce from his baboon ass face wife)

We went to the county fair last night. Whoo-Hooo. Baby girl had a great time and rode rides until she could hardly function she was so wiped out. The carnies were as obnoxious as usual. I hate walking through the midway and all the nasties are hollering out to get you to play their stupid games. One guy last night had really put some thought into his pitch - we were all walking through and he says to my husband "Hey dad, if you let her play I'll let her win" Yeah, that will teach her a life lesson that you don't always get what you want.

Of course, we had to get our fill of fair food. Corn Dogs, Lemon Shake-Ups, Funnel Cakes. This year they had deep fried oreos, twinkies and snickers. Hubby had a deep fried twinkie but wasn't really impressed. Anyway, managed to drop about $40 in a couple hours time.

August in Illinois. Doesn't get much stranger than this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home