It's My Life....Like it or not

Friday, July 14, 2006

When will the madness end???

We're still playing the game with the car dealership. What a nightmare. Lesson learned, just because someone is your friend in a social setting doesn't necessarily mean they're your friend when they are the General Manager of the car dealership you're trying to buy a car from. I think we'd be better off with Joe Schmo who doesn't know us.

We did all the calculations last night at home and discovered that we're about $1,500.00 away from being "even" on this deal. That is, if we can get him to come down $1,500 more, the car is mine.

Hubby's mom and step-dad came over last night just on happenstance. He's appalled that we're buying a car without first doing extensive research. Sorry, we can't all go through every edition of Consumer Reports known to man and think about what we want to do for two years before we actually do it. Just doesn't work that way in my house. We talk about buying/doing something, we look around locally for what it is we want, we test drive, and we buy. Done deal. This will be my 5th vehicle in the 10 years we've been together, Hubby is on his 3rd. The truck he has now took us the longest to buy, 10 days.

Step-Dad did give us a suggestion on a way to work the dealer over. So, this morning I called our bank and completed a loan application over the phone, I should know what kind of deal they can work us in the next 45 minutes or so. That way, if we get pre-approved for the loan, it's kind of like paying cash for the new vehicle - cut out the middle man at the dealership getting a kick back for using their financing. Plus, we'd keep our money local instead of having to send a payment off somewhere, I hate that.

Hubby knows where I stand on this whole deal. I WANT THIS CAR. So, I'll update later and let you know what's up - if I'm finally a cool 34 year old driving a sporty 4 door sedan or if I'm a 34 year old minivan driving soccer mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home