It's My Life....Like it or not

Thursday, July 13, 2006

The madness continues

Well, my frustration with respect to automobiles continues. I'm still without my van, but I'm ok with that. Yesterday at lunch the hubby told me he'd talked to the dealership and they had a 2005 Nissan Altima with 16,000 miles they thought we should look at. So, while still on my lunch (more on that later) I ran out there and gave them back their lovely Ford Taurus with 98,000 miles and flaking paint and picked up the Nissan. I loved it the minute I got in it. As far as cars go, it could be the best I've ever owned, or not.

As a family last night we went for a drive so he could run the piss out of it to see what it had. First off, he's not thrilled with it only being a 2.5 liter. Whatever, he didn't seem to mind about that when he had it going a hundy on the highway with my 5 year old strapped in the back. Agh! I hate it when he does that! He can drive like a fricking moran when he's by himself, there's no need to involve an innocent 5 year old. I've told him thousands of times, one time he'll be jacking around doing some stupid shit like that and get in a wreck, baby girl and I will die and that idiot will walk away without so much as a scratch.

So, by the end of the night last night he was pretty well sold on the 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S. I was sold at about Noon yesterday, that's when I picked it up. He talked with our friend the dealership manager yesterday who said he'd have the numbers crunched for us today. When I talked to hubby at lunch he's back to wanting to stick the Nissan up somebody's ass as long as it isn't his. Needless to say, the numbers didn't come back quite as he had expected. We've got a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan with 46,000 miles on it. We owe about $9,600 on the loan. Hubby told me he wasn't doing anything if he couldn't get the van paid off. Remember too, we just spent $210 to supposedly fix the van and we're currently working on a $500 bill to supposedly fix it again. So, the offer is to pay-off the van, eat the $500 repair bill on the van and take $300 off the price of the car. I pay $333 a month right now for the van, the car payment would go to about $370. NOT. I can barely make the $333, I have no idea at all how I would/could manage $370.

The last thing my husband said to me before he hung up is that he still wants a Volkswagen Jetta or Passat - that's what we were supposed to be looking for. Even being a kraut myself, I've never been an uber fan of the VW. As far as I'm concerned, they can take their Jetta and/or Passat and stick it in their Farfegnugen. This Nissan is a million times nicer than my bosses Passat - and he's got the top of the line. I reminded the hubby that the car/van is my vehicle and I was the one making the payments and that I should be able to get a car that I want. That went well.

So, as I sit here right now, I have no clue what's going to happen but I have a strong feeling that I'll be picking my van up tomorrow and dropping $500 on it. He came to the conclusion that even though the manager of the dealership is a family friend, he's not doing us any favors. He was going to work on him a little more to see if we could at least get even, we aren't really asking for much. I want my van paid off and I want my payments to be less than or the same as what I'm paying now. So, we're really only off a couple hundred dollars. Should be a no brainer if this Ford/Chrysler/Dodge dealership wants to unload a Nissan they ended up with on their lot.

Oh yeah, yesterday the first thing I did in the morning was clean up a pile of cat puke. At lunch, I let the dog out and we came back in. I had to go to the bathroom so in I went and the dog kept pacing back and forth between the kitchen and living room looking at me in the john. Finally she ran into her kennel and puked, twice. Nice. If you've never had the experience of cleaning up dog puke, congratulations. It's the most disgusting thing I think I've ever done - worse than the poopiest poopy diaper, worse than any other puke (except maybe chunks) I've ever had to clean up. N A S T Y.

I'll let you know if I get my way. I never do, so don't hold your breath. I know I'm not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home