It's My Life....Like it or not

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Recap

Today is my first day back to work after a 5 day respite. It was hard to get back into it at first, but then when I remembered today was Wednesday it seemed to make it easier.

I was so wrong about the whole scooter issue. I called the jerk of a used car salesman back to get the scoop on selling it back to him only to find that he had knocked $200 off the price he shot me on my driveway. So, rather than $700 in my pocket, I would only have $500 because he couldn't possibly sell the thing as new, it was dinged up. Sorry jackass, I look at mileage on things, when it says 0 all the way across, it's new no matter what song and dance routine you try to sell me on. So, needless to say, I spent $160 on tax, title and license for the damn thing and kept it! My husband was furious, at first. Funny, he's the one that wanted it the least but he's put about 60 miles on it since 3pm Friday. I rode it for maybe 1 mile.

Fireworks were awesome this year. Every year this little town about 20 minutes from us has a being going on all weekend, carnival, beer garden, etc. The fireworks last about an hour and are incredible. I drank a 6 pack of the new Captain Morgan Parrot Bay malt things. Tasty. No buzz, no hangover. They were a little too sweet, but I made it work.

Yesterday we went to a little zoo near Moline. We've been there 3 or 4 times now. They've done a lot of work, added some new exhibits and renovated some others. They've got another big project they have going on now, so we'll have to go back next year and see what it's all about. It's close, it's cheap ($11.25 for 3 of us to get in and ride the train), and my daughter loves the place.

Hubby had a ball game Friday night. They smoked the other team and it was funny. This is church league, fast pitch softball. Some of these teams take the whole thing way to serious. Our team does it for fun, and they certainly have fun doing it. The other team had 4 of the "loaded" bats, I have no idea what the deal is with them except that they cost about $600 a piece. Our guys have a bunch of $10 WalMart bats and were hitting home runs like it was the home run derby in the majors. Funny stuff.

That's it. 5 days off in a row. Nice. But, I'm glad to be back to work today, as strange as that sounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home