It's My Life....Like it or not

Friday, June 23, 2006

A few things I've learned along the way

1. Exercising when you have a headache can either be a good thing, or a terribly bad thing. My attempt at running last night when I had the start of a migraine fell in the bad thing category.

2. Whenever you donate your time and energy to a cause/benefit, etc. and are required to wear a "special" shirt that signifies that you're part of the "team", it's evidently mandatory that the shirt be some god awful color you wouldn't think to wear in the first place, let alone wear again at any time after the event.

3. Piling all your filing up on a chair next to your desk for weeks on end rather than filing a little at a time as it's generated really makes for a wasted day when you finally decide it's time to file (only because the pile was at the same level as the top of your desk, a full foot from the actual seat of the chair).

4. Central air conditioning in June in Illinois is a wonderful thing when you are plagued with serious outdoor allergies (husband hasn't yet figured out that my eyes aren't always puffed up to the ginormous size they have been since he decided it was nice enough to turn off the air and open every fricking window in the house).

5. Having a child who is a mamma's girl can be wonderful and painful at the same time. Especially when you attempt to alter the routine of mommy taking the child to the sitters by daddy taking the child to the sitters.

That's about all I know today. My brain feels like a big puddle of goo inside my head. Could be the allergies, could be general lack of sleep. Who knows. For once I'm not really thrilled about it being almost 4:30 on Friday afternoon. I'm not looking forward to my weekly jaunt to Wal-Mart and not looking forward to wearing a fluorescent posting note yellow shirt all day tomorrow and being on my feet for who knows how long. (It's for a good cause, a co-worker of my husband/family friend is on the transplant list for a new kidney and this is a benefit to help raise money for medical bills since he hasn't worked in almost 2 years and has to have dialysis every other day at the tune of about $30k a month)

Is it Monday morning yet?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home