It's My Life....Like it or not

Thursday, November 08, 2007

This week just went from BAD to WORSE!

At lunch today I decided to head to the local mom & pop bagel/coffee shop to grab a sandwich and iced latte. As I was pulling out of the parking stall the lady in the stall next to me decided she was going to back out too.

Only problem was, I wasn't out of the way yet. CRASH!

The only damage to my car is a black scuff mark on the rear passenger side fender. Nothing else. I was not injured.

So, I did what I was taught to do, pull over and exchange information. What she did was continue driving away. But I got her plate number!!

So, I went home and got out my phone book and called the City Police non-emergency number to report the accident, just to cover MY ass. I don't need this lady totaling her car this weekend and then saying, oh by the way this lady at the coffee shop hit me and did all this damage.

The officer just came to my office and got the information. He's going to see if he can find out who it is and just make sure she has no damage to her vehicle. Like he said, I'm covering things so that she can't try to pin something on me that I didn't do. I'm no cop, but I would think that if presented with evidence of the damage on my car being the rear fender on the passenger side and the damage on her car being the front bumper on the drivers side....my scenario makes sense and anything she says does not. Period.

I have no plans to press charges against her. I have no damages and no injuries. If I did press charges it would likely get tossed by the State's Attorney anyway. And I'm ok with that. (Besides, I know the SA and all the assistants because of my job) It's just the principal of her driving away. She needs to have a police officer at her door telling her that she better not be driving off from any more accidents.

Next time she may not be so lucky as to get off without any injuries or damages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home