It's My Life....Like it or not

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Surgical Update

Last week I had my follow-up appointment with the Surgeon so he could see how everything was healing, review path results with me and check for anything else that may be going on.

The good news is that I'm healing well, the pathology results came back negative, my blood count is good, and I don't appear to be developing any hernia's at my port sites. He even went to far as to say that I'm normal. HA! He's new in town, he'll learn.

He said the results from my appendix have him somewhat confused. It was inflamed, but showed no sign of infection, which apparently is unusual, and may or may not have actually been the problem. Not that they can put it back in....and he said there is no known use for it anyway. Cool, extra parts!

I have had female problems for basically my entire life (since I was 15) and have flare-ups from time to time, but this was a different pain than that. He said all my girl parts looked good (which is good news) but he suggested I consult my GYN for further testing. He thought that maybe my ovary had a growth that burst but healed itself when he cleaned my guts out after pulling my appendix and that's why everything looked normal and the pain was gone.

Who knows. All I know is that I feel better, for the most part, and that my incisions are healing well. I'll have one very noticeable scar (where my appendix came out of, it's the biggest incision) and two that you'll have to really look at to see. Not that I go around showing off scars...but if I did, well you get the picture.

I've tried to get a follow-up photo of my wounds without the bandages but they're small enough that it won't show when I take the picture. So, you'll just have to use your imagination!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home