It's My Life....Like it or not

Monday, October 08, 2007

Better than Expected

Friday night I finally told my husband about my signing up to be a Bead Retreat Coordinator. I had put it off for as long as humanly possible given the fact that a 6 pound box of supplies is on it's way to my house and expected to arrive this Wednesday.

I was pleasantly surprised with his reaction. I was prepared for the "what the hell was I thinking" direction but was instead received with the "why didn't you tell me so I could pass the word around" direction. I had planned to take a low upfront cost approach but he insists that I get as much PR material as I can right now to help get things started. So, I'm working on setting up online ordering, ordering business cards, etc.

What a relief that he's on board with this project! That makes my attitude much more positive!

I already have 7 retreats scheduled and my first one is in less than 2 weeks. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I just really really want this to be something that makes me money and is consistent.

We've been looking through the start-up material I've been provided and the lady who is my "boss" had over $100,000 in sales in a year - using the lowest commission base available that means she made no less than $23,000.00 in one year selling beading kits! Can you believe it! Hubby's hope is that I can get a strong enough customer base that this "hobby" will net enough income that I can quit my full-time job and only do retreats - and make more money.

So, my first goal as an Independent Bead Retreat Coordinator/Instructor is to earn enough money to buy the plasma TV we've been looking at. It's about $1,000. So, at my commission base, the lowest available, I need to have retreat costs and sales of about $4,500.

Wish me luck!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home