It's My Life....Like it or not

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Disaster averted

Last night I walked in the house after work only to be met with "There's cat puke ALL over the bed. And oh yeah, there's cat shit on the floor." Gee, hi, nice to see you guys too.

So I go in to see about the cat puke ALL over the bed and it was ALL over his side of the bed. Good kitty kitty. But holy christ! Was that ever a load of cat puke! It was all more or less cleaned up thanks to my other cat who eats the puke when I can't get to it fast enough. But still, it had to have been there a while because it had soaked through the comforter, through the blanket and into the sheets. So, off to the washing machine I go.

First I washed the comforter. Which is a real fun trick. Try washing a king size comforter. NOT fun. The annoying thing is how long it takes the damn thing to dry. So, I stuck it in the dryer for 3 full drying cycles, flipping it around at the end of each cycle so that hopefully it would be dry everywhere. I had just started it on the 4th cycle when about 5 minutes into it the dryer stopped. Oh, and the burning smell, did I forget to mention that?

Luckily, I did not start the dryer on fire. It wouldn't start back up but the thing was almost literally on fire, it was really really hot. I think if I had not noticed that it stopped it would have caught fire. Then I would have been seriously screwed.

Last night I got the "talking to" of a lifetime by my husband about how most people don't wash their comforters at home because their machine aren't big and strong enough. He told me that I was the one who was going to have to come up with the money to replace the dryer that I just ruined.

This morning, I checked it - just for shits and giggles. Works.

No fire. No broken dryer. No money out of my pocket.

All's well that ends well.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's been awhile since I've been here but it's great to be back. It really is.

The cat puke is bad but the other cat eating the puke is really gross.

Glad the dryer still works and no money is coming out of your pocket. That could be pricey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home