It's My Life....Like it or not

Monday, November 12, 2007

Shit, does indeed, happen

Yesterday I (unknowingly) attempted to wash my husband's brand Razr cell phone. And by brand new I mean we JUST got these things about 3 weeks ago. Not my fault he left the damn thing in the pocket of his jeans that he threw in the wash pile as I was grabbing things to put in the wash. It was in the water for probably 5 minutes. Just long enough to fry it.

Shit.

It still isn't working. We took it all apart and laid it out to dry out. Several hours later he stuck the battery back in hoping it would magically be fine. It wasn't.

He went to the cellular store on his lunch today and they told him it's going to cost $269 plus tax to get a new one. Luckily he always keeps his old phones so at least he's got communication back. You should have seen him yesterday, it was like I'd taken breathing away from him or something. And like I did it on purpose!?!

Just one more thing to add to our ever expanding list of misfortunes.

We got the EOB from our insurance Saturday and found out we have to pay $2,500 for my surgery. I guess that isn't bad in the big scheme of things, it was $19,250 - which doesn't include the bill for the doctor. I was in the hospital for right at or just under 24 hours. Isn't that insane? This will end up being close to $25,000 by the time it's all said and done.

On a good note, I've now met my deductible and yearly out of pocket maximum. Me. Not the family. Me. Let's all cross our fingers, legs, toes, eyes and anything else that crosses and hope that no one else gets sick. We can't afford it!

I was hoping to be able to get a plasma TV this year with my Bead Retreat money. Apparently other plans have been made by someone with a little more pull. So, it's either going toward the hospital bill or a new cell phone.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

1 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I once got drunk at a party and jumped into a pool with my cell phone in my pocket and was able to bring it back by letting it dry. But those phones are a lot of money to replace. Especially the Razor phones. They're pretty fancy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home