It's My Life....Like it or not

Monday, August 06, 2007

Hell on Wheels

Friday night was marked with a fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants trip to the Nissan dealership 25 miles away. While we were in the Hubby's truck on the way over he was planning his defense and come-backs to the "ignorant service manager who was trying to screw us" on the deal with the car.

When the tow truck got my car to the dealership they started running all their diagnostic tests and everything came out fine. They could find absolutely no reason what so ever that the car should have been towed there, or that the tow should be at no charge to us....namely $130.

When we got there we had the old battery we had traded in for a new one at AutoZone, since that was the only last bit of a shimmer of hope we had, that it would fail when tests.

So, the guy takes the old battery and runs tests. Thank god, it failed miserably. Which, by the way, validates the tow (and the $130 tow bill) and the replacement of the battery with a brand spankin new Nissan battery ($100) as warranty work.

About 40 minutes later we were driving off and heading back home and the hubby was in a much better mood. We really really didn't need to have a huge mechanics bill to pay in addition to all the money that's going to be flowing out of our bank account this week for the new siding on the house - finally. I'm telling you, if he hadn't made the arrangements to get the siding done this week (it was supposed to be done last year) the money would be gone.

The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful. Baby Girl and I went shopping for school clothes yesterday with his mom and my daughter made out pretty well. Tomorrow she's going with my mom to do the same. My guess is that I won't have to buy much of anything.

We still don't know who her 1st grade teacher will be, and we haven't been able to buy school supplies because the list isn't at Wal-Mart. School starts in 2 weeks and I typically like to be a little more organized than this so it's driving me nuts!

1 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

My warranty ran out about 2 years ago and while I haven't had any major repairs the routine maintenance set me back quite a bit of cash. I get sick thinking about the bills. Glad it was all covered.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home