It's My Life....Like it or not

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Construction Update

No new pictures to post, although the guys have been working really hard the past week and a half my house still looks, for the most part, the same as it did immediately after they tore all the old siding off.

Sure, they've wrapped all the windows with new vinyl or something, installed two gable vents on either end of the house, and today should be working on cutting a hole in the side of my house for the new dryer vent, but still not much new siding has been applied. (They did get one section done yesterday, but it's only about 8 feet wide)

The last I spoke with our main contractor, he intended to be done tomorrow. If that's the case, those 3 need to shift it into overdrive because there is still quit a bit to do.

I have picked the paint color for the kitchen walls and I think I'm going to go ahead and buy it this weekend and get started. I'm thinking about trying to pop off the lovely peachy tiles that make up the back splash, but that might be beyond my ability or make one hell of a mess - I'm leaning more towards the latter of the two. We'll see, maybe when the paint goes up (River Road) it'll tone that down some. Time will tell!

School starts next Friday. THANK GOD!!!!! We just got the letter in the mail yesterday and found out who she has as her teacher. I think it'll be ok. I hope it'll be ok. Last year, for kindergarten, I sent a request for a specific teacher - who we did get - but figured we'd take our chances with 1st grade. Now we've started to hear some horror stories about two particular 1st grade teachers, and - wouldn't you know it - one is the teacher she now has. I just hope that if we DO have problems the school can/will adjust accordingly.

That's about it. Not much else happening here in this one horse town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home