It's My Life....Like it or not

Friday, August 17, 2007

Finished

The exterior segment of our "construction" phase, that is.

I didn't think it was going to be possible for them to get it all done by the end of this week - I guess that explains why I don't have a job in any sort of construction field. I haven't got a clue.

I'm amazed by the difference new siding has made. I mean, I knew it would look a little different, but it's much more than I had imagined. I mean, we had white siding on the house already and replaced it with white siding. (8" aluminum replaced with 4" vinyl) We had Forest green shutters on the windows on the front and side of the house and just repainted them. I think it's the combination of all the new - roof, soffits, fascia, downspouts, overhead garage door, siding - that has made the impact.

It's almost as if our house wasn't built in 1958....oh wait, back to reality, it was and we were "gently" reminded of that by our contractor when my husband asked about something. He told us there wasn't much of anything that was done when the house was built that would meet building requirements now. Great news! I'll make sure that bit of information doesn't get passed along to any realtors in the future!

I'm buying paint tonight and plan to get started on painting the kitchen. I decided against ripping the tile off. Too much work and too big of a mess - maybe if we ever gut the kitchen it'll go. As if that's going to happen.

1 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The place looks nice. As far as the 1958 thing goes, tell the realtors that it adds character.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home