It's My Life....Like it or not

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Junkers

Every year our town has what they call "Clean-up" days. They divide the city into sectors and then go through town with garbage trucks, end loaders and large trucks gathering it all up.

Here's the thing - you put your crap out on the curb a day or two before it's picked up by the city, sit back and enjoy the show.

The junkers come out in droves. Some are total dirtballs who use this as their yearly redecorating trip, some are people who go around looking for metal to sell and make some money, some are normal everyday people like you and me.

This morning I saw something I wish I hadn't. I was dropping my daughter off at school and noticed a local attorney digging through a pile of shit on the curb. He then picked something up, put it in his van and drove on to the next pile of shit. A LAWYER!!!! And his wife is a CPA.

Never ever ever would I feel the need to drive through town digging through things that other people believe to be shit that they put on the curb as trash to find what may be a "treasure". I don't even to garage sales, and that's legitimate stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home