It's My Life....Like it or not

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Finally......

..........We switched from crappy dial-up to BPL (broadband over power lines) at home. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. We also found out that a huge part of the major problem we were having with our dial-up service was McAfee. Thanks for nothing computer geeks at McAfee. So, we're with Norton now and wha-laa, no more problems. It was a bitch getting McAfee all the way out of the computer though. I tell you what, those programmers really know how to make it so it takes, oh - roughly three entire days, to get it all. Bastards.



..........Eight days and 1 hour left of kindergarten, not that anybody is counting. I'm actually not looking forward to the end of school. Here I just got myself timed to the last possible minute we could leave the house and get to school and work on time. Now it's going to take me months to figure out the new timetable and just when I get it figured out it'll be time to go back to school again.



..........I have to have minor outpatient surgery in a couple of weeks. I called to schedule it and I'm still a little apprehensive. More on this later - it's kind of a delicate subject and I have to figure out if I want it plastered on the web for the world to see.



..........Soccer is over - hallelujah! But, T-Ball practice has already started and games start next week. Two a week but no weekends. That's an improvement anyway. Besides, if there were weekend games she would miss just about every one of them. We have soooo much stuff going on in June. Crazy. As for T-Ball, her coaches are the same ones she had for soccer so it's pretty nice. But the team name - not great - we're the White Sox. Yeah, no White Sox fans in this house, we're Cubs fans. It's only T-Ball so we're letting it slide.



..........Speaking of the Cubs - I was going to try to get tickets to a game on July 1 since we're going to be in the 'burbs on the 30th for my cousins wedding. I know it's a Sunday afternoon home game and all, playing the Brewers. I checked at cubs.com and can't get 2 seats together to save my ass. I also looked around at some of the aftermarket ticket (Scalpers) brokers and was shocked to see the prices. $75 a piece for bleacher seats?!? Come on! So, sounds like we're going to try to get to a couple of Peoria Chiefs games instead. Closer to home. Better parking situation. Cheaper ticket prices. Ryne Sandberg as the coach. No brainer.

It's been crazy around here lately so I've been a little lacking on my posts. Now that we're up and running with BPL I should be able to be a bit more consistent again. Still can't sign-in at work anymore but I can still read those I typically check each day. Strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home