It's My Life....Like it or not

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Ya PRICK ya

Owie. Ow. Ow.

My arm is still aching from my blood draw this morning. Thanks Doc, thanks a lot.

Late last month I was at the Doctors office to get my normal prescriptions re-filled. We've switched to a different doctor (in the same office) since ours left last year. I hadn't had the pleasure to see him for any sickness yet so he refused to refill scripts written by another doctor. OK, I suppose, seems a little wacko to me for some allergy pills, allergy nose spray and high blood pressure medication - but what the hell.

So, we got through all the medical updates and he did refill my scripts, for 3 months each. What a joke.

He was looking though my file and saw that I hadn't had a lipid profile or cbc for a while. He couldn't just say, "I think we need to do some bloodwork" he had to really get on what nerves I have left - "I see here you'll soon be celebrating your 35th birthday. You know, as you age, your body can't process things quite like it used to. I think it's time we do an update to your lipid profile, get a blood count, run a few tests just to make sure there isn't something we should be worried about."

Yeah. Thanks for pointing that out to me, Captain Obvious. You mean there's a medical reason I can't get this dimply fat off my ass no matter how much I starve myself or how hard I run on the treadmill? Thanks for the info.

So, the results will be in late tomorrow, but I'm really not concerned about it. Maybe I should be, who knows. The last time I had these tests done they more or less accused me of eating grass and drinking only water my numbers were so good. I can't imagine that much has changed in the past 4-5 years.

We'll see. I'll post my results - if they're good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home