It's My Life....Like it or not

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

There are still honest people around

Well last night I had a "moment" that could have caused BIG trouble at my house...

I went to the rec center to workout, as I do six days a week. I got done running my 3 miles and went in to the ladies room to wipe the sweat off my face to try to keep the zits away, just like I do six days a week. I walked out and got my card back from the nice lady at the front counter and went on my way home.

When I got home I went through my jacket pockets to put my card and iPod away and there was no iPod. Oh crap. I went and looked in my car - no iPod. So, back out of the garage I went and back to the rec center to hope that someone did the right thing and turned it in. On my way I was praying to God and anybody else I thought might listen to me that it would be there in one piece rather than smashed into a bijillion in the parking lot. I was also praying that it was just there.

So, I walked in the front door, back up to the nice lady at the counter and asked in a kind of yeah like this is gonna actually happen voice - "Did anyone happen to turn in a pink camouflage iPod nano in the last 10 minutes?" And I was amazed when she opened a drawer and pulled it out. Viola!

Seems I'd left it laying on the counter next to the sink in the ladies room. The good thing is that as I was walking out the cleaning lady was walking in. They figured it must have been mine and put my name on it and put it in a secure place.

Thank you cleaning lady for being such an honest person!!! (I'll bet she listened to it for a while when she was tidying up in there and realized that my choice in music was a little strange, to say the least.)

I forgot to do it today, but I'll do it tomorrow, I'm going to call the Officer Manager out there (I used to work there, she was my boss) and let her know and make sure my appreciation is passed on to the cleaning lady. So many people today don't do the "right" thing. I'm very glad she did.

See, my husband and daughter bought me that iPod for my birthday last year and it has special engraving on it. I'd have been in super big trouble if I hadn't gotten it back.

What pissed me off the most about all my airheadedness is that I only got to see the last 15 minutes of American Idol. Man, I wanted to see the yellow chicken looking chic so bad! I almost like these episodes of AI the best because of all the people who can't sing that think they can and are genuinely upset when told that they sound like a dying animal. It never ceases to amaze me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home