It's My Life....Like it or not

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

That's what I'd like to be doing right now - taking a nap. I am so unbelievably tired this week. If I didn't know better I'd think there was something seriously wrong with me.

First off, this has been one of my worst weeks as far as sleep quality. Ever. Other than the two week span of little to no sleep nearly 10 years ago, this week takes the cake. Last night I was sleeping poorly to begin with - couldn't get comfortable, I was hot, then I was cold, the dog was breathing too loudly, one of the cats was on my head - then at 2am my daughter thought it was time to wake up. Ohhhh, what I wouldn't do for a nice long nap under a snuggly warm blanket.

I've been hitting the gym pretty hard this month. It's my goal to run no less than 2.5 miles each day. Since I don't go on Friday's (they close too early for me to make it there) I have to kick it up at least one other day during the week to compensate. I've started using Thursday as that day - so, watch out tomorrow. I go at night, 6:30 ish, and I'm sure that is the main reason for my inability to sleep well.

Everybody there (I used to work there so I know basically everybody) thinks my 125 at 35 goal is insane. It's just a goal people! Deep down I know I'd be more than happy to weigh 130, which is a drop of just about 10 pounds from my current weight.

I know I'm not overweight and I know that most people, from what they see of me with clothes on, don't believe I need to loose any weight at all. But I know what's underneath, I know that I weigh right now nearly what I weighed at 9 months pregnant, I know that I want to lose fat and gain muscle all the while firming up.

I also know that this week with what I've been shoving down my throat I should have gained 10 pounds and that it's only the running that is keeping things in check at this point.

So, I broke down and bought a Jorge Cruise book from eBay that will hopefully be what I'm looking for instead of another $10 down the drain on weight loss crap. I paid out the butt for shipping and only after I sent the PayPal payment found out that they ship media mail. So, I might get my book before my birthday in April but we'll see - don't even get me started on the postal system - I will go postal.

Maybe tomorrow, if I'm not sleeping on the job or swamped (like lately - too many ignorant people getting divorced that won't agree on jack shit) I'll post about my run ins with the post office and why I think they all need to be put out of their misery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home