It's My Life....Like it or not

Monday, January 22, 2007

Some days I just wanna .....

S C R E A M ! ! ! !

And today is turning out to be one of them.

The saga with picking up the pieces of our messed up family continues, surprise surprise. Now my aunt that caused all the problems at the funeral has some new tricks up her sleeve she's pulling out.

Now she's trying to "hack in" to Eric's computer to see if there is anything in there that would indicate this end result was coming. Like it matters at this point. Evidently she has some covert computer hacking skills she learned being Betty Crocker Suzy Homemaker never held a job for more than a year in her life.

I'm so incredibly sick of all of that drama. Eric is dead, he did it to himself. There is nothing any of us did to push him to that point. There is no way any of us could have known he would do this. There is nothing we could have done to stop his actions. The end.

I tried explaining to the rest of my family, Aunt Butt-insky included, that IF anyone were to hack in to his computer they might find something they would wish that they hadn't. And everybody knows damn well that no one in my family can keep their effing mouths shut when they think they've got some juicy information. So whatever might be found would be all over the place, for everyone in town to know instead of a select few family members.

Bottom line - no amount of snooping into any of Eric's affairs will change the end result. None of it will magically make him raise from the dead. It doesn't matter.

The majority of this drama unfolded earlier this morning as I was on the phone with my mother. She was getting all worked up, my grandma was getting all worked up, Eric's mom was getting all worked up...So I told them I'd be right there.

It ended up being 20 minutes before my normal 11:30 a.m. lunch hour but I went anyway and got back to the office at 12:10 p.m. so I was still only gone for 1 hour.

As if all the above bullshit wasn't enough I was reminded that our lunch hours can not be changed. So, even though my leaving for lunch at 11:10 a.m. rather than 11:30 a.m. did NOTHING to her lunch, I have to use personal time. Let me tell you what I think about that - It's bull fucking shit.

It's ok for her to move her lunch around and ask me to swap. But when I leave to help with a family situation that doesn't effect anybody's lunch hour except mine I lose personal time.

Oh yeah, I could take as much time as I needed to grieve. Again, personal time. We evidenlty have no policy for breavement time. Fucked up. I work for lawyers.


AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home