It's My Life....Like it or not

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Just another example of how pathetic our society is

Brittany Spears checked in and immediately checked out of rehab. She shaved her head bald. She got two new tattoos. She checked back into rehab.

Who gives a rats ass?!?

I'm having a hard time dealing with all the media attention given to the death of Anna Nicole Smith, celebrities going in and out of rehab, rich bitches flashing their naughty niblets due to lack of panties, etc, etc, etc.

Doesn't anybody remember that there's a war going on that literally thousands of our troops are engaged in? I can't even remember the last news cast I saw that reported an American casualty of war. Did they stop reporting them? Have the national channels passed that duty on the local channels?

I'm not for or against the war. I guess I'm stuck in the middle on that one. I certainly don't agree with all the deaths, I know that for sure. I guess I, like many other people, feel completely detached from it. I don't have any friends or family in the military, none of my liberties have been lost, I don't live in an area that was affected by any terroist attacks.

I am, however, frightened to think about what the world is going to be like for my daughter in 10, 15, 20 more years.

1 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Since no one can really explain why we are in Iraq, I'm against it. I can understand the war in Afghanistan (remember that one?) But not Iraq.

These silly things involving celebrities are there to pacify us and distract us from the real problems. We need that now and then, but not from the "real" news casts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home