It's My Life....Like it or not

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Attack of the Booger Guy

Nothing like a child with a case of bronchitis to liven up the holidays!

Friday night it was miserable here. The weather was yuck, it was colder than cold and I just wanted to get home, get my sweats on and climb under a blanket. Fortunately I was able to do just that, my husband had a visitation to go to out of town for his co-workers mother. He and another guy from work went together and my husband decided he'd break the guy in to the cheesy "bar" the group of them frequent.

Ok, so this "bar" is actually like sitting in some strange living room drinking the guys own personal stash of bootleg beer. Not like he sells moonshine or anything, you can get Miller Lite, Bud, etc. It's just the whole atmosphere that makes it strange.

So, baby girl kept telling me her throat hurt and that they took her temp at school once Friday. I checked her temp and it was normal and looked at her throat and everything seemed to be where it belonged. I convinced her to take some cold medicine and we were good to go.

Friday night I think she slept all of 2 hours. Not two continuous hours. Ohhhh noooo. Because that would make it too easy on me. Yes me. My husband would sleep through a tornado ripping our house to miniscule shreds. Guaranteed. He's not very compassionate when she's sick anyhow.

So Saturday morning finally comes and I called the doctors office to get her in. More precautionary than anything I suppose. I checked her temp again, and again it showed normal. By this time she had a nasty wheezing cough going that wasn't sounding very good. I wanted to make sure we got this thing under control before it got really nasty on us. And besides, we have her birthday party scheduled for this weekend.

Doc got a temp reading of 99.9 and immediately pulled out his pad to write a script. Too bad he didn't give us anything to help with the nasty cough. He did suggest we go and pick up some Mucinex and try that to help get the yuck out.

Ahhh, the Booger Guy. We were looking in a magazine a couple weeks ago and Baby Girl sees an ad for Mucinex. She looks at it and says to me, "Is that a Booger?" I thought about it for a minute and then I was like, "Well, yeah, I guess it kind of is." Then she told me she didn't ever want any Booger Guys living in her guts.

Funny, because now that she pretty much does have the Booger Guy living in her guts
S H E
W O N' T
T A K E
T H E
F R I C K I N G
M E D I C I N E
! ! ! !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home