It's My Life....Like it or not

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

State of Emergency

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I'd be living in an area that has been declared to be in a State of Emergency by our (cough cough) wonderful Governor.

I live in corn/bean field haven small town Illinois. Population 7,200. The biggest thing we've got going for us is Super Wal-Mart and 4 fast food restaurants in a 2-3 block area.

Yet, here I sit in the area that many are saying was the worst hit. Don't get me wrong, it's no holiday living here right now. As I type my garbage has been sitting on the curb outside my house since Friday - unable to be collected at first because the garbage truck got stuck, then because they plan old forgot. Yep, small town living.

In my opinion, there are areas that are far more worse for wear than our county. Some places in mid to southern Illinois have been without power since Friday. No power = no heat. I'm glad we haven't had to deal with that. Sure makes my gripes about the snow piled up at intersections seem petty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home