It's My Life....Like it or not

Thursday, August 17, 2006

I could REALLY get used to this

Well I just learned that we get to go home early today, for no less than the 3rd time in the past 7 working days.

Yipee!!!

This works out pretty well having my boss out of town. Works out even better when our partner has engagements away from the office in the early afternoon that make it relatively impossible for him to make it back in before closing time.

I still haven't heard word one from my boss since last Friday. I was joking in my earlier post when I mentioned something about him getting off'd in New York - now I'm beginning to wonder.

Maybe he finally realized that I do know how to perform my job without him constantly hovering over me. Or that there's not shit he can do about anything when he's in New York and I'm here in the middle of smallsville Illinois.

Who knows, maybe he's shacked up with some hot momma out there and has no desire to come back to corn field USA. If that is the case, I sure hope he calls to tell me so I can reschedule all these court appearances and client appointments I've scheduled since he's been gone.

So, in the next hour I need to figure out what I'm going to do with my new found 1/2 hour of "me" time. I'll probably just go fake-bake, I swear I'm addicted to the tanning bed. Not in a bad way, I don't look like shoe leather or anything, I just like laying there in the warmth and getting a little bit of a power nap in, an added bonus - get a tan and a nap, at the same time.

That's all folks! I have to somehow manage to kill an hour without doing too much work or looking like I'm not doing enough work. Piece of cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home