It's My Life....Like it or not

Monday, August 07, 2006

Why I think Corporate America Sucks

Saturday my daughter and I made a trip to a national bridal chain store in Peoria. She's going to be the flower girl in a wedding in October. She's excited, she's very excited. We had our first trip to this particular store in June when we first ordered her dress.

First off, as soon as I walked in the doors at the first appointment I was not impressed. The people are pushy and rude and the store was not clean. Chain stores, such as this one, take all the personality out of planning a wedding.

So, Friday night at nearly 9pm we get a phone call from some chick at this place and she asked to talk to my 5 1/2 year old daughter. (We have caller id, so I had a pretty good idea who was calling) I said I'm her mother, what can I help you with. She says to me, "It's a personal matter." I snapped right back, "What kind of personal matter do you have with a five year old child?" Silence. I caught her off guard with that question. So, she says who she is and why she's calling and keeps saying things like, "I was calling to remind Baby Girl that she has an appointment tomorrow at 11:30", "Baby Girl will need to know that payment in full is required at tomorrow's appointment". So, again I said to her "Baby Girl is 5 years old. She isn't capable of traveling an hour away from home without adult supervision, she isn't paying for her own alterations. You need to tell these things to me, the mother of the 5 year old child."

Anyway, we get there for our appointment and they told me that Baby Girl had already checked in and was already in the back for her fitting. Funny, she was standing right there next to me the whole time and the last I knew she hadn't been cloned. So, after some confusion (there was a bride back there with the same name as her and she had her flower girl with her) we finally got back there for her fitting.

The fitting itself went well...until they told me how much the alterations cost. I paid $59, came to less than $65 with tax, for her flower girl dress. The alterations to her dress are $155.00!!

WHAT?!?!?!?

Believe me, I was very loud in expressing my disgust. I told them the alterations were costing me three times more than I paid for the dress in the first place. I asked them what I had to do to get their pins out of her dress so I could take it with me to have the alterations done somewhere else that wasn't going to rape me. Can you believe that shit!?!

Even after talking, loudly, to the store manager I got no where. So, those bastards still have her dress and now have $155 of my money. We have to make another trip in a few weeks for her second fitting and believe me, they will again hear how disgusted I am with the entire situation.

My cousin is getting married in April and Baby Girl will be one of three flower girls in that wedding. I'm telling her now, I am not, will not, go back to that place under any circumstances and order another dress.

TAKE THAT DAVID'S BRIDAL!!!!

I'll tell you the one important thing I learned when I worked retail for so long....
If you have a good experience with a place you tell a couple people, if you have a bad experience with a place you tell every fricking person you know and twice as many that you don't!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home