It's My Life....Like it or not

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Same old Same old

By the time I got home for lunch today the roof was finished and the guys were cleaning up the last bit of their mess. Let me tell you, those guys haul ass. They just started the project at 7:30 Monday morning and were done around 11 Tuesday morning.

You know how you get all excited when you get something "new" for yourself or your house? How you can't wait to see the improvement that new thing made? Yeah, not so much. My house looks the same today as it did at 7:20 Monday morning. Nothing looks remotely changed. Except for the tire tracks in the front yard, those were definitely not there before. Our roof was replaced with the exact same shingles as we had before, well sort of, the new shingles are 30 year and the old shingles were 25 year, other than that - no change.

Oh yeah, we have NO TV now for what could be a week. A WEEK! What the hell am I supposed to do with a 5 1/2 year old without TV for A WEEK!?! The guys had to move our satellite dish to put new shingles under it and put it back in the exact same spot, except now we can't get a signal. We called the local place we got it from and their service guys' kid was hurt in an accident and they have no idea when he may be back to work. Called the national 800 number (Dish Network) and even they can't get anybody out until maybe sometime next week. My husband called another place locally that sells and installs Dish Network and all the guys were out to lunch. Geez, what's it take to find somebody to fix the damn thing?!? I told my husband that as a last resort, we have a client at work that used to work for Dish Network as a service tech, if all else fails, I'll call him up and offer him cash to come fix it. Bad thing now is that he works as a union carpenter up in the city now so it could be dark before he rolls into town.

I can hear my husband already when he realizes tonight that he's missing a Cubs game, and my daughter when she can't watch That's So Raven, Suite Life of Zack and Cody and Phil of the Future...... I hope we get this fixed - T O D A Y !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home