It's My Life....Like it or not

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Sometimes I just want to scream

Yesterday my boss dropped a bomb on me that he swears he told me six months ago. He's leaving next week for New York for nearly two weeks. So, I find it very odd that all this time during the past six months that I've supposedly known this information we have both been scheduling things during this time period. Yeah, I didn't buy it either. I think he just decided he was going and was trying to cover his own ass and, as usual, place the blame on me.

Whatever, I don't care. I think it will actually be nice to have him gone for awhile. I've got (who'd figure this one out?) tons of filing to do and have loose ends on plenty of our cases to tie off.

We just discovered a strange thing in one of our new cases today - I was reading the local newspaper and saw a name in the obituaries that looked familiar but I couldn't figure out why. I started reading and found that it was the wife of one of our clients that we just filed divorce for. We filed on Friday and she died on Saturday. She was 41. She never did get served with the paperwork - if that isn't a load of bureaucratic bullshit to try to get a summons recalled with a Judge's signature I don't know what is. The word on the street is that she had recently gotten into some drugs and ended up with an o.d. I guess if you look at it with a twisted perspective our guy ultimately got what he set out for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home