It's My Life....Like it or not

Monday, July 31, 2006

Do you hear that sizzling sound?

It's the sound of my guts cooking inside of me from this insane heat!

102 today, 114 with the heat index, with humidity at about four trillion percent and not a lick of a breeze. It's H O T. This is Illinois, 102 is fricking deathly hot - not like 102 in say, Arizona. A few years back I was in Phoenix in September and it was 114 when we got off the plane at 11am - got up to 120 and we were on a baseball field at a concert in all that, it was hot, but not like this.

Yesterday we were out in this insanity for about 5 hours. Luckily we were under a tree that offered a little shade, and when I say a little I do mean a little, and there was a breeze from time to time. It was still nasty hot though. It was so hot (how hot was it) that I could barely breathe.

I got home and my clothes were so wet from sweat that you would have thought I just stood outside in pouring rain - if only. From the sound of things, we're in for about 4 more days of this crap this week. Great!

I finally won an American Girl Doll Cubs jacket and hat on eBay that was a give away at the Cubs game I was supposed to go to. I thought my husband would freak out about how much I was bidding on it, but he told me to put in a price of $50 or $60 since it was a heck of a lot cheaper than what it would have cost us to go to the game. Ended up buying it for $39.01. I got out bid by $1 on 2 others I was in on. So, I'm glad I did get it, baby girl will be happy. She doesn't know anything about it, all she knows is that if she has a good day on her first day of kindergarten she'll have a present waiting for her.

Hubby has a church league ball game tonight - tournament play. Don't think we'll be in attendance. We went to the game Saturday night and were literally the only "fans" there for the game. Everybody else was playing, umping or running the concession stand. That was miserable too. Don't need any more of that.

Today at lunch I had just finished eating and sat in the chair to watch some Maury show when I blacked out and fell out of the chair. It was weird, I was coherent the whole time and sort of watched the episode happen from outside myself. I felt strange all last night and haven't exactly felt "right" all day today. Must be residual effects from heat stroke or heat exhaustion or something. All I know is I'm going to spend some quality time soaking in freon tonight while hubby sweats his balls off at the ball game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home