It's My Life....Like it or not

Monday, July 24, 2006

Total Chaos

This morning the roofers came to our house at 7:30am to get started on replacing our roof from the hail storm last fall. These guys must be fast workers, when I was home for lunch at 11:45am they had the old shingles torn off (only one layer was up there, we just replaced the roof in May of 2001), new sheeting on and they were cutting in the ridge vent. They had the boom truck coming with the new shingles this afternoon. I talked to our friend the contractor, and he hopes to be completely finished before 4pm tomorrow. Yikes! That's fast.

The dog was going ape shit over all the noise. I took her outside so she could do her business and all she wanted to do was find out who those guys were and why they were making such a racket. She finally got calmed down after a while, but geez - I thought she was going to be bleeding from all the scratching on her kennel floor.

A funny thing happened too during all this mess. The phone rang and I saw on the caller id that it was some home improvement company. Normally I'd let it go to the machine, but it was too good to be true today so I answered. You know, the normal speel, do you own your home, were you thinking of making any repairs, we're in your neighborhood doing some other work and would be happy to stop by and give you an estimate. So, I let the guy give me his scripted nonsense. Then, right when I was getting ready to tell him to take a hike, the air compressor kicked on and the guys started sawing the roof for the ridge vent - perfect timing! So, I said to him, as you can hear - we're right in the middle of getting a new roof and siding from the hail storm last September and we just put in new windows two years ago so I don't think you'll need to stop by. Click - he hung up on me! Victory over the telemarketer! Yes!

I'm exhausted today. I spent almost all day cleaning my house. Now I remember why I don't do that. I hate cleaning. I've been trying to convince my husband that a cleaning lady would be a nice thing to have. Not working so far. I'll keep working on him - I already have it at the top of my Christmas list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home