It's My Life....Like it or not

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Gulp

Today I feel like it's all I can do to keep my head above the water. Figuratively, that is.

All this week I've been so tired when I wake up in the morning. I know the reason for it this morning, but the rest of the week I can't explain. We had a pretty bad storm move through at the butt crack of dawn that knocked power out about 3 times. Isn't strange how difficult it is to get back to sleep when your house is completely silent. It's like all the weird noises that are normally masked by the air conditioner, fan or whatever become eerily louder and harder to explain.

For some reason, I was able to hear my daughter hollering for me this morning even with her door closed and the baby monitor (that we still use even though she's no longer a baby) got shut off the first time the power got zapped. She ended up in bed with me for the second time this week. At least I get back to sleep when she comes in our room, when I try to stay in her bed with her I get no sleep whatsoever.

Mr. Personality has stepped back into the house. I'll give him credit, it's not his fault. He plays softball on a church league (for a church that neither of us go to - he's catholic, I'm Methodist and the team is for the Presbetarian Church) and the "normal" coach has been out of state on vacation. It's tournament time and hubby has been put in charge of making sure all the guys show up, all the equipment, the rotation, all that jazz. Not to mention, the team is in last place this year which is a total contrast to last year's second place finish. It's been rough this year... a lot of the normal guys just quit showing up for one reason or another, the pitcher (we only have 1) got hurt early on, and because of all this morale is pretty much shit. I look at things on the (not so) bright side...all they have to do is lose tonight and this nightmare is over for at least this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home