It's My Life....Like it or not

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Legend of the Boy Band

So I'm surfing the net and come across an article that says that Lance Bass, formerly of N'Sync has "come out" and is telling the world he's gay. The story claims that Lance kept this information a secret because he didn't want his sexuality to overpower the popularity of the group.

I can hear all the tweeny-boppers hearts breaking as the keys clack clack while I type this post. Whatever.

Is this really THAT big of a surprise? Not to me. But, then again, I'm not a tweeny-bopper and I was never a fan, not even a closet fan, of this group. OK, so a few of their songs were ok, still not a fan. Don't own a copy of any of their albums and never ever will.

What I do find a little humorous though is that Justin Timberlake, another member of N'Sync, has a new song out titled "I'm bringing sexy back". Perfect timing with your outing Lance.

But, was sexy ever out? Did anybody tell the Hef that sexy was out? Who decided that Justin Timberlake should be the poster child for bringing sexy back? As a 34 year old hot blooded American woman I can think of, oh - I don't know, about a hundred other guys who should/could be in charge of bringing sexy back. But, the marketing part of me says that sex doesn't sell to 34 year old married women - it sells to - you guessed it, the tweeny-boppers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home