It's My Life....Like it or not

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Trouble in Paradise

This morning I received an email from my Aunt in Arizona who is dying from pancreatic cancer. I realized while reading her message exactly how messed up my family is. As I've said before, this is a time when we should all be getting along. As you've probably guessed, we're not. Remember, my mom has 5 sisters...

So, Aunt # 3 had been with Aunt #2 in Arizona since 4th of July. She was planning to be there for about 3 weeks. Evidently, things with my uncle and Aunt #3 have been a little less than friendly since Aunt #3 got to Arizona. The three of them went for one of the usual treatment days and a nurse there was wearing a set of scrubs that were skin tight and my uncle and Aunt #3 got into some sort of discussion about it. They went back and forth until Aunt #3 went into a tirade, my uncle got pissed and took matters into his own hands, literally. Ultimately, my uncle threw Aunt #3's suitcase into the road and she walked out. She spent the better part of a day at Sky Harbor in Phoenix trying to get on a plane to get back to IL and finally got one that came in to Chicago at 2:30 am.

You know, these people are all adults, or so they say. This is not the kind of crap Aunt #2 needs to be dealing with. She's having a lot of reactions to the chemo she's on and is already feeling down in the dumps - this kind of stuff doesn't help at all.

On Sunday I went shopping with my mom and we stopped and had some lunch. As we were there we started talking about some of this stuff. I have 2 cousins getting married in the next year and it should be interesting to see how the wedding / receptions shake out. There are already a couple of my Aunts who swear they aren't going to the first wedding in April because of, you guessed it, Aunt #3 - it's her daughter getting married. And my cousin is evidently oblivious to the fact that her mother is causing so much trouble. Must be all the pot she's smoked finally showing through.

seriously people (referring to my family) you need to get your shit together and start acting like adults instead of grade school kids with the "she said" "she said" bullshit. It's getting real old real fast. If this continues much longer I'll probably be the next to snap, but I really don't care how many of them I piss off - somebody needs to have the balls to slap these bitches in the face and tell them to knock it off. If it has to be me, so be it. Ain't scared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home