It's My Life....Like it or not

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Finally, Maybe, Getting Somewhere

I think the hubby might be nearing the end of his man-stration period. Good god, it's about time.

I still have no idea why he got all pissy. I think it may have had something to do with my spending $142 of "his" money at Wal-Mart last week for groceries and such. I try very hard to keep it at or under $100 each week, but sometimes I just can't help it as it seems we run out of everything at the same time. I can't help it that I had to buy laundry soap ($10), cat litter ($10), contact solution ($10) and vitamins ($15) all at the same time. I suppose I could have tried to spread it out, but seriously - the only thing we could really live without for another week would be the vitamins.

It's complicated and strange. When I was married to my first husband I went postal when he told me he opened his own checking account and took his name off our joint account. Seriously postal.

So how bizarre is it that husband #2 and I have had two joint checking accounts, at two different banks, since before we got married. It was convenience at first. I was working out of town and couldn't get to our normal bank before they closed on Friday nights. That made my paycheck unavailable until Tuesday - that doesn't work. So we opened a checking account at a bank in the town I was working in so I could swing by there Friday night on my way home and deposit my paycheck, making the funds instantly available. It's kind of been that way ever since. Now both accounts are here in town and we divide the household bills. He pays for groceries, utlitiles, cell phones, insurance, etc. and I pay the mortgage payment and both vehicle loans. Works out pretty well except that he ALWAYS has cash in his pocket and ALWAYS has money left over after paying the weeks bills. Somebody is getting screwed financially and it looks as thought it's me!

Oh well. At least we had a civil conversation at lunch today. I reminded him that baby girl and I have eye doctor appointments right after I get off work so she's got to be cleaned up and ready to roll so we can hit it to the appointments. I then suggested that since I'll be out of town that I could bring home a pizza from one of our fav's over that way. He agreed and even suggested something else.

And then, he told me he loved me. Now that's progress people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home