It's My Life....Like it or not

Friday, June 16, 2006

"D" Day

Well, today has started out pretty good but I don't know where it's going from here.

I actually woke up on time this morning, stuck with my first selection of clothing, my daughter agreed to dress herself, the dog did her business and came right back, and I managed to be the first one to the office. I also learned that my co-worker is going to talk to her lawyer boss and see if we can scat out of here early today since my lawyer boss is out of the office until Monday. Yipee!! I love it when that happens! I'd say I'm batting 500 as of 10:00am.

But, Jill is supposed to have the results from her MRI this afternoon. I'm trying to prepare myself for the worse case scenario. That way, if it is bad I won't be disappointed and if it's good I'll be excited. She's in Arizona, we're all in Illinois. That bothers me. That leaves her and my uncle to deal with all this alone. A phone call can be a great comfort when you're in the dumps but it's always so much better when you've got actual arms hugging you.

To date, no one has told me that Jill has x # days, weeks, months, years to live. I don't know if that's selective distribution of information or if it really hasn't been established. I don't know, I think I'd rather not have that information available to me. That would be more depressing, counting down her remaining time, than this situation already is.

We'll see. I know that the prayer line has been pretty busy lately with all our friends and family getting a good word in, I just hope the big guy is listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home