It's My Life....Like it or not

Monday, June 12, 2006

Too much going on

Seems I had another weekend with too much going on, my stress level today - at work no less - has hit the roof and I can just feel my blood pressure raising. This fricking twitch of the eye thing is getting so incredibly old, I'm actually looking forward to going to the eye doctor next week because of it. (Not that I'm afraid of going, it's just another of those things I dread doing because it always seems to take so much time)

Yesterday my daughter and I were on our way to Peoria so she could try on her flower girl dress and we hit and killed a coyote. She was screaming that we had to go back and make sure he was ok. I was like, honey, he's dead, there's nothing we can do for him. She didn't give up and neither did I. I wanted nothing to do with coyote blood and guts. Hell, I didn't even want to hit the damn thing but I couldn't help it. I tried explaining to her that I had no other choice, we had a car on the side of us and more behind, if I had slowed down any more than I did it could have caused a serious accident and maybe we would have been hurt. I guess I was trying to rationalize things to her that his death was a lot less significant than a human getting hurt or killed because we stopped so as not to hit it. Whatever, it didn't work and she was all worked up the whole day. She was even looking to see if he was laying in the median when we were on our way back home.

The weather here took a crap real quick on Friday. We went from high 80's to low 50's in just a few hours. Sux. Just when I got used to wearing shorts and sandals I had to dig my pants and socks back out. Crummy Illinois weather.

Got myself a totally cool new pair of Croc's over the weekend. They are red and white tie dyed and the strap is blue with white stars. Those things are soooo comfy, wish I could wear them to work. Wouldn't that look cute?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home