It's My Life....Like it or not

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Still drying off and thawing out

I learned a very valuable lesson yesterday on my trip to Chicago with my cousin Jenn....Ugg's
need to be waterproofed. Seriously, no matter what, if you have a pair, waterproof them right now! What I'm pissed at the most is that they're still wet and I can't wear them. I love those things.

We were doing so good with the weather until my husband called to check in on us and let me know that the weather at home was crap - freezing rain and sleet. Just as I was closing my phone it started to snow just a little bit.

We were at Millennium Park watching people wipe out on the ice skating rink and checking out "The Bean" and took a cab to Ed Debevick's for lunch. When we came out of Ed's there was a thin layer of snow covering the city. The snow wasn't a problem, shortly after that it turned to rain, THAT was the problem.

So, until the point where my Ugg boots became drenched from the rain and the yuck on the streets, my feet were toasty warm and comfortable. From there it went from bad to worse.

My drive home was a trip...2 hours to go what would normally take an hour 10. But the roads were covered with slushy mix and I couldn't go much more than 60 mph. By the time I got home I had such a terrible headache from squinting (it rain/sleeted the whole way home) that I thought my head was going to explode. And the time we had to spend getting the layer of freezing rain off our cars in the Metra parking lot...eww.

I did get some Christmas shopping done at American Girl. And we went to the German festival and that was a lot of fun. It was so funny to be around so many people who actually knew how to speak German! Loved it!! And it took me back to times when my Oma was still around...lots of the traditional German Christmas things all around. One thing that was pretty funny was this guy in front of us in line at one of the vendor booths...we were getting hot mulled wine in a little boot glass and it was called kinderweiss, he was telling us all about it, blah blah blah like he was the president of Germany. He went up to order his wine and he pronounced it to the lady "kind-er-wise" and she rather rudely corrected him that it was pronounced "kin-der-vise". Too funny!! He gave us a look that you could tell he'd gotten his legs yanked out from under him!

We had a great time and we'll for sure be doing it again...when the weather isn't so yuck!!!!

P.S. ~ Sorry Ricardo, no winter fashion show on the blog. I've decided that skinny jeans were the biggest fashion mistake EVER. Unless you're the shape of a pencil, you have NO RIGHT to subject innocent people to THAT! They were promptly returned and I was very fashionable in my boot cut jeans NOT TUCKED IN to my boots.

1 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL! Yeah I think those jeans are made for the ultra thin women out there who like to throw up their last meal if you know what I mean. I have a friend who wears those and she's a size 0. Which in women's sizes is pretty thin. I worry about her.

Sorry to hear about the uggs getting drenched. I think these will dry out better than the cell phone however.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home